How are we spending our Sports Premium funding?
What is Sport Premium Funding?
Schools receive PE and Sport Premium Funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6 - in our case, Years 3 to 6. Schools must use the funding to make addition and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
Overarching 2018-19 Sports Premium Strategy:
- To increase participation by pupil premium children in PE and school sport, both within and beyond the school day
- To provide more active enrichment opportunities for pupil premium children
- To seek opportunities to engage reluctant participants in PE and school sport through novel and new activities
- To increase engagement and activity levels for all children to meet the 30 minutes of physical activity per day (on top of the statuary 2hrs/wk PE lessons)
- To increase physical learning opportunities for all children using the outdoor spaces of the school site
- To further raise the profile of PE and promote healthy ‘mind and body’ lifestyle approaches
Sports Premium Funding 2018-19
Children who can swim:
At the expected level at end of KS-2 (swim 25m in any stroke) = 77.5%
Below the expected level at end of KS-2 (cannot swim 25m in any stroke) = 22.5%