What's a typical day like at RJS?
Our school day begins at 8:55am, when the bell will ring in the playground and the children will be taken in by staff. Please do not send your child into the school playground, as our staff are unable to supervise your children until this time. Each day, a member of staff will be on the gate and will be able to help with any questions or queries.
Staff will be out on the yard before the bell, so please don't hesitate to have a chat, or find out any questions you might have.
|Morning lessons 1||9:00 - 10:30|
|Break (children should bring a healthy snack to eat during play.)||10:30 - 10:45|
|Morning lessons 2||10:45 - 12:20|
|Lunch||12:20 - 1:20|
|Afternoon lessons||1:20 - 3:30|
During the day, children will take part in a variety of lessons, including: English (encompassing reading, spelling, grammar and writing) and Maths during morning sessions, and creative, foundation curriculum subjects, such as Topic, Science, PSHE, PE etc. in the afternoon. For more details, see your child's class teacher.
We also have a whole school assembly each day, which focuses on key themes and events.
The bell will ring at 3:30, to signal the end of the day, when children are collected from the playground. Children in Year 3 and 4 are dismissed by their class teacher: Year 3 exit from the Gym door, Year 4 from the gates, beside the gym. Children in Years 5 and 6 are dismissed from classrooms and are allowed to meet adults in the playground or make their own way home, as arranged by parents/carers.
Ripley Junior School Uniform:
• Skirt or trousers black, navy or grey not denim
• Shoes black, flat heeled or black trainers
• Socks white, grey or navy
• Polo Shirt navy or sky blue (with school logo)*
• Fleece or Jumper navy (with school logo)*
• School book bag (with school logo)* (This is optional – but recommended due to limited space in cloakroom areas)
* These items feature the school ‘maple leaf’ logo and are available (together with a range of suitable school wear) from ‘Kathleen’s’ on Nottingham Road in Ripley or can be ordered via the Tesco Direct school uniform site.
PE and Sport Kit:
We also ask you to provide the appropriate P.E. and Games kit for your children, in the interests of appearance, safety and hygiene. We encourage children to bring this in on a Monday to ensure they have kits for lessons and any additional sports activities.
• One pair of plimsolls
• White P.E. shirt
• Plain black/blue shorts/skirt/leotard
• One pair of trainers (for outdoor sessions)
• Appropriate swimming equipment – goggles, one-piece costume/ shorts which do not pass the knee/trunks, swim-cap and towel (Years 3 and 4)
• Draw string bag in which to keep P.E. clothing